Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Some Enlightening by Ross Smirnoff

When I die what will remain of my life? Who will remember me, what record will exist to prove that I did? I tried to do my best and strive for excellence. Where did I end up except the bottom of the pit. With nothing to provide satisfaction of my mind, of endless time wasted in this waiting room.  The body is damaged by mismanagement, a symptom of irrelevance. I long for meaning, but in the ceasing of searching, I've found some enlightening. When I die there will be nothing, sweet beauty in the void. A field of darkness, blanketing me and soothing my essence. The spirit bathes in the bath of the womb waiting to be born into another flawed entity, eternally making sense of these damned corpses. The flesh melts off and is replaced endlessly. How I yearn for knowledge yet I know it gets me no closer to truth.  When I die, I will have it bountifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment