Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Age of Ignorance

Pablo Picasso, Guernica 1937

Perhaps, I need to not try so hard. It seems that life is moving. People getting careers and having kids. Life is moving, and it's moving fast. It's happening so fast that people become blinded by the corruption that occurs all around them. We live in the age of ignorance. As long as we all have our mini-trophies of success, like computers, cell phones, televisions, and other instruments of technological distraction we become anesthetized by the tremendous greed and pouncing of justice that happens all around us. There are two options, turn a blind eye, or do something about it.

I have already written about this dilemma, It seems that we live in a time where nothing can be done to change the system that is in place. We have glimmers of hope, with remarkable twentieth century figures of change. All Assassinated!!! We elect a president, with all the credentials and rhetoric for change, and get no real results on the change front. Business as usual for the wall street cronies. We might as well have elected a Republican, it makes little difference. It's hard to keep my head up, moving along with a society that is corroding. We seperate ourselves, through religion, politics, and race. These seperations were just a means for the corrupters to continue pilleging our society for the benefit of a few. I have the benefit of an education, and I aspire to teach the unprivelaged masses that the world that has been set up for them has been rigged against them. The masses have the benefit of numbers, yet they are torn up by these superficial divisions.

The most I can do is continue to do what I know in my heart is right. Make art, express myself, teach those in need, and spread my ideas any way that I can. Who will join me in this effort? The time has long been overdue to come together and work towards a better future.

"Together we stand, divided we fall"

No comments:

Post a Comment