Monday, December 20, 2010

New York City Life



This is the album cover of Muse' new cd the Resistance. It has nothing to do with my weekend, but it's symbolic of the kind of weekend I had being one of transcendence. It start out going to see Ghostland Observatory on Friday night at Terminal 5. This concert was inspiring!!! I just danced my ass off and had a blast, got VIP tickets thanks to a friend I went to school with and overall kicked off the weekend's energy in a positive manner. On saturday night I was mostly in brooklyn, hanging out art shows and visiting places such as Oaxaco Tacos and the Pacific Standard in Park Slope. Both of These places were impressive. At the Taco place I ran into Swoon who I recognized from the documentary film "Our City Dreams." I asked her what she was up too and she said that she's going to Haiti in a couple of days to build a building, probably some environmentally concious art space. She is an awesome person and a true artist. Then on Sunday I went to the Whitney Museum and check out some art, I was not particulary impressed with what was up there, I always get this uncombtorable feeling every time i'm in that place, like a cold sterile feeling that I can't explain, Yet I keep getting sucked into their exhibitions. I think I need to keep my head clear of these institutions for a while, perhaps a new year's resolution, although their is bound to be some show that temps me. In the meantime, It'
s almost 2011, wholy fuck!!! So far I must say I've had a pretty lucky life, and I am concious of that idea every day I wake up. Through all the ups and downs that life offers, I'm pretty lucky to have been born into a good family and meet all the wonderful people that continously provide me with a constant source of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment