Monday, December 20, 2010

Art Ideas

It's important to write these down so I do not get mixed up. So there are several project's I am giong to pursue this upcoming year as far as art.

1. The Book: I have now been inspired by the last two pages I have made in the Book. One the first side- usually the back of a page I which to create a symbol, perhaps garnered from zooming in on a particular aspect of the other page. For instance. I feel the need to express myself in a painterly way on the left and a graphic way on the right. Both will inform eachother and I think it's a good strategy moving forward so I can move towards completing this project which began almost 8 years ago. I am no rush however. No need to rush a masterpiece. The Book's mythology is designed to outlive me.

2. The paintings: I wish to focus on making some abstract oil paintings. I want to begin work on some of them over this christmas break. I will hopefully have some free time, as vacation usually begs a less hectic work schedule, and more time to be creative. I wish for these paintings to continue with the symbolic theme, and I now have an idea of how to approach the subject. The only think that is concerning is color, because with oil I findi color to be very difficult to grasp.

3. The Drawings: Just to continue what I do which is work in ink or pencil, until i have a completed composition, fill in with marker and watercolour paint. Than work over with color pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment