Sunday, October 20, 2013

Poems by Ross Smirnoff

I sat trying to create a masterpiece
Day after day
Night after night.
I sacrificed everything for pure reflection
Of my soul.
In the end I'm still here.
Nowhere, and everywhere.
I try to stay engaged
But I'm losing my capacity.
One day, it might happen.
Until then, wait.
________________________________________

The painter sits in his chair, contemplating forms unborn.
All materials are present.
Inks, paints, and brushes lay on the table.
Where is the magic needed to bring these inanimate things to life?
The muse of creation, what does she look like?
She is an ant, microscopic beauty with a billion brothers and sisters working together to ensure a perfect community.
I crush her with my foot and lick the blood off the floor. 
_________________________________________

Its never gonna happen for me.
This dread, I'm dead with no identity.
As I sit here without a plan, I'm losing time to amend.
My lack of ambition leads to more indecision.
Can I build a ladder to the throne where I may sit and see a land not overgrown?
I don't want to succumb to broken glass plans.
My head has this grand audience, but no player can win with this game without the help of all humanity.
Give me the desire to see the possibilities and I promise to you every success I receive will be in homage to your glory.
Don't allow me to wait until death when the black door shuts me from the bosom nectar of your sea.


No comments:

Post a Comment