Monday, April 11, 2011

Obra culminate de la pintura universal



When Picasso began to work on his series of paintings taking on the grand masters, he was making a deliberate attempt to as John Richardson describes "picassofy" art history. I would like to add my flare for reinvention to one of history's greatest painters Hieronymus Bosch. When I first become interested in art, perhaps like all young kids growing up in America I was most drawn to cartoons and comic books. I would cycle through illustration books as well as other source materials to recreate and reinvent what I really liked looking at. It was not long before I fell upon the work of Picasso and his animation of life seemed so compelling that it almost single handily allowed me to take art more seriously. I would scan over Picasso's great painting of Guernica which is still my most favorite work of art and assiduously attempt to recopy scenes from this master work. In the process of recreation I have determined a path for my own style. I have created much work so far but I feel strongly that I have only tipped the iceberg in terms of content and style. I feel I need to be focused on a single project in order to begin the process of defining my style and content for the future. This is the entry point to which I feel I will be able to begin mastery over my own style and find the content that I have long been searching for self-expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment