Monday, February 28, 2011

Spent The Weekend Making Art


and what do I have to show for it? Well, I would say that overall it did not really go so well. The best piece I will scan and post in correlation with this blog. I had one maybe minor discovery which made the weekend. Overall though, very frustrating and maybe a change in strategy is necessary. The minor success came from a water color and ink drawing that I made. I first made the designs of a figure with orange watercolor. A typical Smirnoff abstract. Then I fill in the design with a nice black ink acrylic. Then I scrubbed out the water color with some water and brush and what was left was the filled in black ink acrylyc which gave a nice stencil like quality???? This has enormous potential as far as future work. Perhaps interweaving some collage abstraction ideas here would produce some nice stencil like qualites and would be an enormous addtion to some of my abstract painting work???? But overall very frustrated with other results, made some ink on paper works copied from old postcards, but overally it looked like not much created more just transferrred and wasted a lot of time. Also, tried out some small icon paintings but did not get desired result. They look much better blown up and larger. But with lack of money and time and studio, I don't think I can pursue that until the sales of works starts flowing in, which proably won't happen because I don't have the personality that goes along with the type of artwork I make. What I mean by that is I'm not putting on a fashion show of coolness which goes hand and hand with promoting -marketing yourself as an artist. So I'm content to work these ideas out anyway until I really have something to say as an artist. I think that overall I have a lack of voice. I know I need to weave the political with the art, but I just don't seem to have the ability to fuse them together at the moment. I can express myself in words politically. But weaving the imagination with the political to make a statement. That is damn hard and I probably need to really think about this if I ever intend on being a successful artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment